Band Swap has created a poll to determine which organization they will support in 2014 and SWITCH is one of the options! Follow the link to cast your vote!
Tickets are now available to the SWITCH charity breakfast on November 28th, 2014! Buy a ticket to support your favorite non-profit charity! Tell your friends and family to check out www.picatic.com/SWITCHcharitybreakfast for more information or to purchase tickets!
- The SWITCH team
On November 1st, 2014, the program hours for SWITCH will be reduced due to financial constraints. Instead of three days per week, services will now be offered two days a week – on Mondays and Wednesdays only. The change will be effective until the end of December, and may be extended past that time. As a board, we remain committed to the community and inter-professional education during this time.
We have been informed that this year SWITCH volunteers will be required to either be vaccinated against the flu or wear a mask while volunteering at SWITCH. Our hosts at Westside clinic have graciously offered to improve access to flu shots for SWITCH students on shift nights. If you are an active volunteer and would like to receive a flu shot, please show up to shift around 4:30PM on a Monday or Wednesday and speak with the Westside clinic reception and let them know that you are a SWITCH volunteer and would like a flu shot. If you are arriving early please do not park in the Affinity Credit Union parking lot, as they are open until 5:00PM on these days.
- the SWITCH team
For more information and to register, follow the link below:
We will be hosting our 6th Annual Fun Run on Sunday, October 19th.
This year there will be a unique twist to the event. Participants will have to navigate the route while avoiding getting tagged by zombies hiding throughout the course. It will be a great opportunity to test out potential Halloween costumes while having tons of fun and promoting SWITCH to the community!
Sign-in will begin at 2:00pm, and the race will start at 3:00pm.
Prizes available for fastest runners, most pledges collected, and most successful zombie!
The race will start and finish in the Bowl, at the University of Saskatchewan.
-The SWITCH Team
Our AGM has been scheduled for Saturday October 4th after shift (2:30 PM) and all of our membership (volunteers, clients, mentors, etc.) is encouraged to attend. At the AGM there will short presentations on SWITCH’s operations and finances in the last year, all attendees will have the opportunity to help revise our bylaws, and we will be electing our new student board.
If you are a student at a post-secondary institution in Saskatoon and would like to be nominated for a position on the board of directors please e-mail me (Reed) at my USask account. NSID: reg758. The SWITCH board of directors presents an excellent leadership opportunity for volunteers that want to help SWITCH to grow and succeed. Joining the SWITCH BOD is also a great way to improve your professional communication skills. Nominees will have the opportunity to do a short (less than 2 min) speech at the AGM about why they are a good candidate for a board position. Although nominees typically have previous SWITCH experience, all students are welcome to apply.
SWITCH looks forward to seeing a great number of our membership participate in the AGM and board nominees from a variety of disciplines!
We’re looking for a handful of awesome volunteers to help us out at the Open Door Society Volunteer Fair on October 7th, 2014. Come help us operate a booth and spread knowledge about our services and volunteer opportunities! Sign up on the scheduler or contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The SWITCH team
We will be hosting our annual community barbeque on September 20th! Please sign up on the scheduler to help us out with this event!
the SWITCH team
With school quickly resuming- we will be having a volunteer appreciation barbeque on Saturday, September 13th after shift from 3:00PM onward at Rotary Park. The BBQ will be run Potluck style: please feel free to bring anything you wish to share with everyone (salads, desserts, pop). Smokies and Hamburgers will be provided. Feel free to bring any activities you wish.
If you do not have a ride let us know and we can help arrange one. Looking forward to seeing you all there.
POSITION TITLE: Program Coordinator
START DATE: September 2nd 2014 (negotiable)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for assessing need, supervising nutritional services, developing and implementing programming sessions in conjunction with SWITCH Director that is consistent with SWITCH objectives and funding criteria.
- Grade 12 (a combination of education and/or experience will be considered)
- Ability to pass a Criminal Records Check
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic Computer and numeracy skills
- Working knowledge of community resources
- Ability to effectively refer clients to community resources
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to foster a learning environment in a diverse workplace while providing support and guidance to Clients, Council, SWITCH staff and Volunteers
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture and traditions, where required by the job
- Ability to develop programming in accordance to SWTICH’s strategic plan, mission and vision statements.
Administration / PROGRAMMING
- Identifies and develops SWITCH Programming for current and future needs In conjunction with SWITCH Director and SWITCH’s Programming Committee
- Regular consultation/ planning meetings with SWITCH Director to ensure programming is meeting and fulfilling SWITCH objectives and project funding objectives.
- Assesses and develops programming sessions including recruitment and co-ordination of session facilitators
- Develops and maintains partnerships with community organizations
- Facilitates communication and planning sessions with partnering agencies
- Compiles monthly events schedule for SWITCH’s programming sessions including adult, family and children’s programming
- Manages SWITCH’s Programming budget in consultation with the SWITCH Director
- Planning and execution of special events including development, fundraising, coordination and communication
- Provides interprofessional clinical resources for both clients and SWITCH personnel
- Supervises and mentors Nutrition Supervisors
- Financial reporting on SWITCH fundraisers and events
- Grant writing
- Partnership building and collaborating with other community organizations
Related Key Work ActivitIes
- Provides guidance and mentorship in a learning environment
- Facilitation skills including building rapport and trust
- Maintain program, departmental files and writes reports
- Other duties may be assigned based on SWITCH operational needs
- Marketing and promoting SWITCH to the community
- This is a part-time position with up to 40 hours/week. 13.5 of those hours will be spent on the three SWITCH shifts from: Monday 4:30-9pm, Wednesday 4:30-9pm and Saturday 10:00am-2:30pm
- The Program Coordinator may be required to work additional hours than stated in contract.
POSITION/SWITCH MANDATE: SWITCH is a student run organization that is interprofessional and based on a model of teamwork. All staff must be able to work and support a learning environment to help achieve the SWITCH mandate of improving the health of the community, the education of future health care professionals and the relationship between the university and the community at large.
Please submit resume and cover letter by August 22/14 to email@example.com