Clinic & Programming:
Mondays 5:30-8:00 PM
Wednesdays 5:30-8:00 PM
Saturdays 12:30-3:00 PM
Mondays 5:00-9:00 PM
Wednesdays 5:00-9:00 PM
Saturdays 12:00-4:00 PM
We are short volunteers on Monday, May 2nd, Wednesday, May 4th, and Saturday, May 7th. We are looking for volunteers from all categories! If you are able to help out please e-mail Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or simply sign up on the scheduler!
The SWITCH team
SWITCH’s 4th Annual Art Auction will be on Friday, May 6th from 4:30-7:00pm at the Gordon Snelgrove Gallery, UofS!
We are asking for help with donations in the form of artistic contributions of any medium (including wall art, sculptures, pottery, jewelry, scarves, furniture, etc). There are no size restrictions and we welcome pieces from amateur artists as well as professionals. Tax receipts can be issued for pieces that have undergone a third party appraisal. You can also support our cause by attending the event!
The deadline for submitting art is Friday, April 29th. Thank you for your time and consideration! SWITCH could not do it without the generosity of donors like you!
If you would like more information about the event or would like to donate some art, please contact our Program Coordinator, Beth, at email@example.com.
Flexible part-time position, minimum one-year term $60 per shift worked; paid as an honorarium on a monthly basis
SWITCH is a student-run interdisciplinary wellness centre that provides free after-hours services to Saskatoon’s core communities. We are looking for an energetic and resourceful individual to join our team as a Childcare Mentor. This is a flexible part-time position. The childcare Mentor is responsible for overseeing activities in the childcare room as well as supervising children and mentoring outreach volunteers.
- Reinforce childcare and clinic rules to ensure a safe environment
- Supervise children in the childcare room; may include resolving conflicts between children, appropriately addressing acting-out children, discussing behaviours with parents/guardians, etc.
- Supervise and mentor outreach volunteers in childcare
- Plan art projects and structured activities for the children
- Maintain childcare files and reports
- Regular consultation and/or meetings with the SWITCH Program Coordinator and/or Human Resources member
- Ability to provide a current Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check from the Saskatoon City Police or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Valid First Aid and CPR-C training
- Experience with children (formal training and/or education preferred, but not mandatory)
- Ability to build rapport and trust with the children, parents, and guardians
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture and traditions, where required by the job
- Strong problem solving, leadership, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of community resources
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable about the services offered at SWITCH and an understanding of the social determinants of health
- Demonstrate the qualities of a “SWITCHer” by: maintaining a positive, upbeat and open-minded attitude; being reliable, punctual and accepting responsibility for your duties; promoting and supporting a diverse and non-discriminatory workplace; conducting/presenting yourself professionally at all times; and fostering interdisciplinary teamwork as it relates to volunteers, mentors, the Board of Directors, and SWITCH partners
For more information or to apply for the position, please email Nicole (HR Portfolio) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested applicants, please include your resume and list of references as attachments in the email. The application deadline is Wednesday March 30th, 2016.
A Chance to Speak is a documentary made by DT Productions that focuses on the stories of individuals living in poverty in Saskatoon. Discussing topics ranging from homelessness to gang violence and the child sex trade, these are important stories that need to be heard. Please consider purchasing and watching the documentary. It can be purchased for $11.99 at: https://www.reelhouse.org/dtproductions/a-chance-to-speak.
Also, for the month of March, $2 from every sale will be donated to SWITCH!
We are incredibly excited to announce that starting April 2nd, our Saturday shifts will be retuning!
The volunteer shift will be from 12:00-4:00pm with SWITCH open to the public from 12:30-3:00pm.
Thank-you for your continued support, hard work, and dedication to SWITCH!
Looking for some extra volunteer opportunities during the first month of school? Join the Student Recruitment and Retention Committee to help present about SWITCH in first and second year classes and operate the SWITCH booth during Campus Clubs week (January 18th).
For more information, email Soma at email@example.com.
- The SWITCH Team